Thursday, October 2, 2008

Here is one story about last week that I forgot to post. Justin and his two friends, Nelson and Luke, were swimming in the pool after school. I was sitting on the lanai reading the paper when I heard them all laughing hysterically. I asked them what was so funny, and they said that Lacey fell into the pool. I jumped up because I knew that I had not shown her how to get out. She was half in and half out by that point, but could not get her footing. It was like she was hanging on the side. I said to Justin, "help her!", and so he proceeded to pull on her collar. (So by now she was clinging and choking to death). I had no choice but to go in fully clothed and pull her off the side and have her swim to the stairs so she would know the next time that is where she had to go. Then all of the kids were laughing at me because I was soaked!

The same two little boys came to my door on Tuesday afternoon. They held up a dead, long snake that they had found. Awesome. It was actually very cute, (not the snake, the boys) but I asked them if they could maybe take it back to the street.

No comments: