Friday, October 3, 2008

Living in the Country

This is my first experience living in the country and there have been little things that have blessed my heart by being here. There is a huge white crane-like bird that is by our pond each day. He is massive when he is flying, and just plain silly when he is walking. Lindsay has named him "Billy"-? Whenever I am in the lanai, especially letting the dogs out in the morning, a rooster is crowing. I don't know why, but I really enjoy hearing that. Our subdivision is between two churches, and church bells ring during the daytime hours on the 15. I love that. The little friends of Justin told me the other day that they can hear my grandfather clock at their house...A house down the way has a horse and I saw them visiting with it at their front door...kind of a Mr. Ed thing...I am dating myself, but that isn't something you see everyday! The neighbor picked up his boys the other day on his 4 wheeler...Dave saw a bald eagle perched on a big dead tree. Isn't this random?

The thing we don't like are the frogs. There are lots of them. Sometime I will tell you about the Cuban frogs that are an aggressive species. They don't bite, but I am told they might jump at you. Some people say no, some say yes. All I know is I was in the driveway by Dave's car and I heard a thud, and this frog had jumped from the roof to his car right by me. Was it a potential frog attack....who's to say :) I am thinking of giving Dave "license to kill" on the Cuban ones.

No comments: