Monday, December 15, 2008

This past week was just a blur....here is a quick update. We received an e-mail that Lindsay had won an award for her science fair project, and that if we wanted to see her get it we needed to be at the chapel service. She had been saying all along that she hoped she would not win anything because she would be so embarrassed! Dave and I hid along the back wall of the dark room, but that stinker looked around and saw us. She did a "double take" and then started shaking her head as her friends hugged her! Her comment to us was that she is officially a "nerd" now!
Justin has taken on a new responsibility after school-he likes to work the concession table. I had Taylor take a picture of him-I will try to get it posted. He works there for hours. Kyle came home last Thursday. He is off until the middle of January. He had a successful first semester-Praise the Lord! He is headed to Columbus to spend a few days with friends starting tomorrow. He was freaking out tonight because he said a snake chased him into the garage-and when Kyle freaks out-he makes us all freak out. In my "happy place" the snake slithered away into the grass and not into the garage. Last Friday Taylor got to cheer with the Varsity cheerleaders for pack the gym night. She was one of three middle schoolers who got to do that, and the only 7th grader. I was proud of her, she really kept up, and in some cases was more energetic than some of the high schoolers. I hosted a breakfast birthday party for a new friend this morning. Seven ladies came, and we had a nice time chatting and eating. It was a lot of hard work getting the house ready for company because I had gotten lazy about some things...but Dave and I worked like crazy over the weekend. I wish I was the "ultimate housekeeper" that always had the perfect house at any moment. Not happening! :)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love hearing what the kiddos (and you and Dave too!) are up to. I am so glad to hear that all are doing well. Congrats to all of the kids on all of the great things they have been up to! Tell everyone we say hello!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle Dave! Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Michele said...

Who is this "ultimate housekeeper" and where can I find them? Glad everyone is doing well, Happy Birthday to Dave and Happy Anniversary to you guys. How long have you been married? Love you all.