Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grandma has arrived!

After many delays, illness, and loss of a good friend, my mom has finally been able to make it here. Now she is living the life of a "Schmit" which is constant running around! Tuesday we went for pedicures and that night we had 2 basketball games. Yesterday we did errands and had lunch with Dave. Then we stopped at a store my Grandma liked to shop at in Florida called Beall's. Mom found 3 pair of sandals, 2 bathing suits, a shirt and I slipped a toe ring for myself into the pile! ( hey, the driver gets something!) At Kohl's she bought flannel pj's and a sweatshirt because she brought the cold weather with her(it was in the 30's last night). It is supposed to warm up by the weekend-in the high 70's. The farmer's are very concerned about their crops in this unusually cold weather. We have games again tonight...so it will be another late one...

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah for your being there! Tell her I said hello and give her a hug from me. Have fun!

Kristin said...

I hope that you all have a great time! I would take low's in the 30's :)

Stefanie Schocke said...

Sounds like Grandma is quite the shopper! My mom and I are laughing right now :)

Betty said...

glad you made it there safe and sound. I know Irene was happy to have you with her during some tough times. Have a wonderful visit, and will talk to probably this weekend. Steelers or Cardinals?
Love, Betty