Sunday, January 4, 2009

Well, I have to say that I was ready to say "Good bye and see you later" to 2008. It was a very tough year for many reasons. Through pain and hard times we have grown in our faith and humbled in our character, but I can't say it has been fun. What I can say is that God has been good through it all, and has blessed us in ways he could not have if we would have just had happy times. Unfortunately the New Year started out with the news that we had lost Grandpa Lora in Michigan on the morning of January 1st. I could only pray to God and say "can we get a break here"? We are thankful for Lora and how he always made us smile with his great sense of humor and kind heart. He will be missed...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so sorry to hear that! We continually pray for everyone. We send our love.

Michele said...

We were sadden to hear about the passing of Dave's step-father. You are all in our prayers.