Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11

I have been talking to various people about 9-11, and what they were doing when they found out that something terrible had happened to the World Trade Center. I was driving home from Dublin after dropping Lindsay and Taylor off at school. The Christian radio station I was listening to asked for prayer for what was happening there. The details at that point were few. I remember thinking it was a small plane. I called a neighbor's house, and he said that he had it on TiVo, and that it was no small plane. The rest of the morning I sat in front of the TV in disbelief. I had called Dave-he was in Milwaukee. All flights were canceled,and I remember looking up at the sky, and how odd it was to not see a single trace of a jet at all. (I remember that it was a beautiful fall day). When the first tower fell, I remember hoping that there would be survivors. The second tower fell, and other events were happening with other planes. I remember going and getting the kids from school-maybe my nesting instinct. Silly-I suppose-but I wanted them to be home as the rest of the day unfolded. It's hard to believe it's been 7 years.

1 comment:

Stefanie Schocke said...

It is hard to believe it's been 7 years. I think we all will always remember where we were when we heard the news. As a parent (now), I understand wanting to have your kids home that day.

I just LOVE your kitchen! It is beautiful. I think I will have to agree with Kristin, I have wanted to go to Florida for some time now :)

The video of the girls together is so sweet. Sisters to make the best of friends, even if they are states or an ocean away!