Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday

Today Justin got to go to his first birthday party in Florida. It was for a girl in his class named Mary. Most of the boys in his class did not choose to go-but Justin is always up for a fun party! Another boy named Willy arrived and that was enough for him...It was a swimming party, today was a beautiful day and his face got some color today. (As usual he is really dark brown everywhere else).
We are trying to get some things for the house that we did not have the builder put in for us because of their ridiculous prices. For instance, ceiling fans. Have you ever noticed how extremely unattractive ceiling fans are? It is not something you look at and say: "That's pretty!". It is more trying to pick the one that is the least offensive. I try to remind myself that once it is up and spinning I won't pay it any mind anymore. Our rental house has some real "doozies"(sp)-I can hardly believe someone fell in love with them and had to buy them...Oh well, when you come to visit, make sure you notice our hours of looking up at a couple hundred choices and saying"this is not as ugly as that one..."! So far we have bought 7, we still need 3 more...
Taylor went to a volleyball clinic today from 11-3. When Lindsay and I went to pick her up, she was playing a practice game. She smiled at us when she went to serve-she made 3 points on her new overhand serve! That is so terrific. I never got my overhand serve, but my sister Linda was born with one....Taylor has really come along!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Another "WAY TO GO" to Taylor! I played volleyball for years and never got a good overhand serve either. I still resort to underhand. I'm thoroughly impressed!