Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School again

The weather has been great since the bands of the storm moved on. None of Dave's stores in Alabama were damaged, although one is still without power. Now Hanna is the next threat for his stores on along the east coast. Taylor's first volleyball game was canceled tonight. They had practice instead, and they fabric painted their knee hi socks for some reason, and she came home with blue sparkly (sp) legs! Lindsay spent the night at a friend's house last night so she could go to a free concert at a church in Naples. How can I say"no "to her going to see a band named "Christaholic"?! ;) I'm getting old...We visited a great church on Sunday. We were encouraged to find one that was more contemporary than what we have had for the past 9 years. One is not better than the other, we just need something new...The girls will visit the youth group tomorrow night. I have met such nice ladies at my Bible study on Tuesday mornings at our school's home church. Most of them have moved to Florida within the past 1-3 years, so they are able to understand me. Two have lost husbands since arriving(retirees), so when I think I have it rough I think of their stories and realize I am blessed. There is always someone with something harder going on... when I take the focus off myself I see that. I came upon a horrible car accident one block from our rental house. Two cars had been crushed by a semi. Here it was, a beautiful afternoon and this terrible thing had happened. I wonder as I am writing this how all of the people involved are doing. Yes, I am blessed beyond measure...Thank you Lord.

No comments: