Friday, September 19, 2008

Moving Day

We knew this morning that we were going to have to hit the ground running. After yesterday's fiasco Dave told them that he wanted the truck there at 8am. I took the kids to school and he went on to the house. When I arrived there was so much going on that I had to laugh. The moving company had sent 8 guys. Our Brinks salesman was there also with 2 tech guys because we told them that ADT said that Brinks will do a sloppy installation job. (The salesman was so upset by that he also had two of his bosses come review our houses' needs -and he brought coffee cake and fruit-NICE GUY!) The company that wired our house had to come out because of issues-so 1 Embarq guy was there. Then the Dish Network guy arrived, because the guy who came the day before did not know what he was doing. The Crystal Springs guy made his delivery. So 16 people with different agendas were all over the place! At one point the 3 company's had reps in our master bedroom closet looking at the same smart box. All were gone by 2:15 pm. Dave and I were so tired and hungry that we went for a quick lunch up the road. Taylor had a volleyball game, and on the way to that I got a speeding ticket. 51 in a 35-a definate speed trap area. He took some pity on me since I had a Florida license, Ohio plates, and an expired insurance card! It was still over a hundred bucks, but it could have been double that for all I had going on:( I should have just jumped on 75 like everyone else and done 90 mph! I would not have wasted time and money. Taylor is spending the night at a new friend's house tonight(JoJo) and Lindsay is at a party. Justin went on an all day field trip to the Mote Aquarium in Sarasota. He had a ball there. He took Dave's camera, and about 150 pictures-mostly of kids ears on the bus! There are a few good ones, if I get time I will post them this weekend. Thanks for the prayers-we survived the day. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: