Monday, August 18, 2008

Hurricane's a comin....

I didn't know I would get to meet a girl named "Fay"! Lot's of speculation of exactly where she is going to hit landfall, but schools are already closed for tomorrow. We will be closing the hurricane shutters tonight and I bought essentials at the store today(water, candles, flashlights, food that doesn't have to be cooked). Fay is predicted to arrive around 8 am, and right now is said to be no more than a category 1. Winds will be high and lots of rain. The Cape Coral bridges close during high winds, so we will be staying put. No evacuations have been called for. We will let you know as soon as it is over how we did thru it all. Most of the locals call it a bad rainstorm. I call it one of the top 10 reasons why I didn't want to move here:) ! I owe many of you phone calls, between today being a half day first day of school, and getting ready for the storm I have only had time to sit and do this....talk to you soon...

1 comment:

The Miller Fam said...

Did I just say to you that "you've gone through some of the top stresses a family goes through"? Now you can add a TS hitting your area!! We're praying for you guys and God's protection. We miss you so much, and dread the start of school without our Tay Tay. BTW - I no longer like the white Denali - every time I see one, I look to see if it's OUR GIG. Luv ya all!