Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Meet and Greet

Today was the Jr/Sr High meet and greet at the new school. Taylor got to meet the 3 girls that she had shared e-mails with over the winter. Lindsay was welcomed by a cheerleader or two, and met some new sophomores. Just to illustrate what a small world this can be, I met one mom who moved here from Westerville a year and a half ago. Her daughter went to Genoa Christian and had my friend Tracy R. as her teacher. I met another mom who grew up in McHenry County graduating from Cary-Grove, her daughter lived in Huntley with her dad. The two from Illinois just arrived here too. I told her about growing up in Crystal Lake, and that our daughters were the same age(hers born in NIMC, Lindsay at Woodstock Memorial.) Two high school teachers are recent graduates of Cedarville University. Most of the time I feel worlds away from the midwest, but today it felt closer to me....

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So glad that you were able to get a little taste of home. I am also glad that the girls were able to meet some friends.