Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Me llamo Jose"

Justin is very excited about his Spanish class. He chose the name Jose, and he keeps trying to practice what he has learned. Aside from the fact he calls us all "senor"(i don't have a key on my keyboard for the thing over the "n")-he does fine. Lindsay thinks she did well on her Spanish 2 quiz, which is a big praise. I got to see Justin and Taylor after my first Bible study at the church today. It was a nice surprise to see them. At lunch, I visited for a moment with Taylor's home room teacher, who also is her Bible and History teacher. She is one of Taylor's favorites-and I can see why. Very nice, warm and funny lady. Justin was evaluated for the Upward flag football program tonight. It had been put off due to all of the storms, and finally tonight was the night. He did his drills just in time, the skies opened up and it just poured. (The sun was out too, so we got a nice rainbow)! Dave is stuck in the panhandle-there is still bad weather from Fay that is hitting Atlanta-so no connecting flight home. This storm has hit just about every store he has at some point this week!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How great they learn Spanish in elementary! I have thought many times that I could easily get by if I could speak Spanish here instead of Hungarian. Ugh.